In a world that seems to move ever faster in this always on, always connected lifestyle we’ve grown accustomed to, It is no wonder we are more stressed and anxious. We feel lonely but are never alone. Maybe that is part of the problem. We need more alone time. When was the last time you were alone with yourself doing something you enjoy, for yourself? Not by yourself on your phone or on the computer but alone in quiet solitude.
Now a days it seems people are afraid of being alone. Perhaps they are afraid of what thoughts or feelings might arise that they’ve been avoiding, even denying. Maybe others view spending time alone as selfish or taking away from their loved ones.
It is perfectly healthy and normal to desire, to claim time for you.
Maybe your loved ones won’t understand why you need to be alone, they might become upset by it if you haven’t done it before. Stand your ground and do it anyway. They’ll soon see the happier you and will be encouraging you to do it more often.
Time alone is actually a gift to yourself.
What would happen if people spent more time alone?
For me, spending time alone allows me to re-charge and gain clarity into my life.
1. Spending time alone allows you to enjoy your own hobbies for the joy it brings. You don’t have to be an expert.
2. When alone, your mind wanders away from thoughts allowing creativity to flourish.
3. There’s no demands or deadlines so you can detach and destress.
4. you get to know yourself better and begin to enjoy your own company.
5. Spending time alone gives you the opportunity to nurture your soul and explore your inner world. Alone time is nourishing and empowering sending the message: “I am important.”
How do you spend alone time? if it’s been awhile since you’ve given yourself some quality time, here’s some suggestions.
Take a walk, especially in nature – Scientific studies found walking in a woodland setting lowers blood pressure, heart rate, stress hormone levels and boosts immune function.
Write in a journal, garden, The possibilities are endless!
Receiving bodywork is another positive way to give yourself time to nourish body, mind and spirit. Although, in a massage you are with the therapist you can still be alone. Instead of conversing, stay quiet and be with yourself.
Visit our website to read about our upcoming retreats. They are the perfect way to claim time for nurturing yourself. www.fullcirclewellnessllc.com